5'8 or 5'9 Girls - What size pants do you wear?

Options

Replies

• hifi898
    Options
    5'8 here, from the US. Depends on the store/brand/fabric type...but typically between a 10-12. Currently wearing a juniors size 11 in pants right now...

I've got a 29.5" waist, 39" hips and *most* 10s will fit fine, but like things sitting low on the hips, so I have been known to buy a US 12, just for the extra comfort :)

I *do* hate wearing jeans and prefer yoga pants/leggings most of the time. Jeans and I have had a bad struggle in the past year or so...
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and most of my jeans are 10 or 12 U.S. I have a comfy pair of 14s I wear if I'm going to sit on the ground or something.

But strangely all my work pants are size 8 and they fit great.

I guess it's the fabric.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Around a size 2 currently - at least that's the most common size in my closet.

However, I own sizes anywhere from 0 through 9 and they all fit.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    U.S. 10 for the most part. 8 or 12 in some brands.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Size 8/9 right now. Down from a 15 :)
  • 1234suroor
    Options
    Canadian - tight 6 but want to get back into my 5s... I refuse to buy more 6s and adjust !!
  • tiddlebit11
    Options
    There was a page 2?!?!?! Only just noticed haha
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from a 2-6 US in womens sizes. :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    US size 10.
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8.5"
    I'm sitting at my desk in jeans: a UK 16 is a little bit big in the waist, but OK in the hips and bum, and I can get a UK 14 on but can't zip them up properly!
    I would be delighted to be a well-fitting UK 14, and I suppose a 12 isn't outside the realms of possibility!
    (I'm not exactly sure what size I was when I started getting healthy back in Jan, as I wore stretchy and elasticated everything, but I doubt I would have fitted into size 20 jeans).

Newsflash - I fitted into UK 14 jeans the other day. I couldn't breathe properly, but so what :)
    A few weeks and they'll fit well.
  • runlilyrun
    Options
    I'm 5' 8.5"
    I'm sitting at my desk in jeans: a UK 16 is a little bit big in the waist, but OK in the hips and bum, and I can get a UK 14 on but can't zip them up properly!
    I would be delighted to be a well-fitting UK 14, and I suppose a 12 isn't outside the realms of possibility!
    (I'm not exactly sure what size I was when I started getting healthy back in Jan, as I wore stretchy and elasticated everything, but I doubt I would have fitted into size 20 jeans).

Newsflash - I fitted into UK 14 jeans the other day. I couldn't breathe properly, but so what :)
    A few weeks and they'll fit well.

OOOOH, exciting! I'm in the same 14-16 gulf at the moment. Did you know that the gaps between sizes are bigger at the higher end of the spectrum? Have a look at the Dorothy Perkins size chart :p
  • runlilyrun
    Options
    I am 5'9" and bought a pair of size 10 jeans from Next (UK) last week, and they fit perfectly well. In some other stores I have to go up to a 12.

I'm hoping to manage to tone and get down to an 8, but it's absolutely not the end of the world if I don't.

Ooh, nice to know that's possible and healthy at this height - I'm 5'8.5" and aiming to be around a 12-14. How much do you weigh, if you don't mind my asking?
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and usually wear a US12. Sometimes a 10, depends on brand. I have 10 lbs. to go until goal weight, so hopefully it will be a solid 10 and some 8's when I get there. =)
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8 179lbs and a 12 or 31.
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    I am 67 inches and wear an 8.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    5'8 1/2 I'm a size 20 in bottoms but my proportions are a mess lol... 34 inch waist 53 inch hips
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    5'8 175lbs size 10-12 US
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'8 and I'm happy to say Aus size 8 (US4 apparently?). No way would I want smaller, but the jeans are a little TOO snug so I'm working on getting my tummy a bit leaner (i.e. decreasing body fat). I used to be a 11 or 12 so this makes me happy to post :)
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    5'9 14 I could easily wear a 12/10 if my belly was flatter. The waist is always tight, and the butt and legs big, so I have to get a 14.
  • katandwaves
    katandwaves Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and wear a US size 10. I was a size 12 at the beginning of the year, but 3 years ago I was a 6. Grad school and a new boyfriend really packed on the pounds. I'd be happy with an 8, but would love to get back to a 6.