Please confirm the dashboard sequence means with calories and exercise =goal very confusing thanks

Options
First time using fitness app

Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome. I think asking the same question once is sufficient. People have lives too and not always time to check the forum to answer voluntarily.

Basically, the calories MFP gives you are based on your current stats and weightloss goal. They include everyday chores but not exercise. That means you're supposed to log your exercise and eat at least a part of that back. Some people think it's not a good method, others say it's good because it shows the value of exercising.

Without knowing more about your current stats and your goals it's not possible to give a more detailed answer. But yeah, if you exercise: eat more, because your body needs it.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Your goal is your goal. It's what you strive to achieve. I presume you're talking about calories. I presume you used the guided set-up to get a goal. That's your base. Log all your food honestly, accurately, and completely. Try to get to your goal. It should include a deficit if you're trying to lose weight/fat.

Your goal will increase when you log exercise because the goal set up on mfp does not include intentional exercise. Try to eat enough to satisfy your goal without going over.

Does that help?