Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Reverse adding

Options
irisatropa
irisatropa Posts: 3 Member
I have a feature idea that would enhance the user experience of MyFitnessPal: what if we could adjust the quantity of any food in the app to head our exact calorie/macro goal?

Like, say if I’ve got 15 cal left and I want to fit a snack into that—the app could calculate how much of that snack meets the goal. It’s a reverse approach to the current method, starting with our calorie/macro targets and working backward to the right amount of food. This would really simplify meal planning!

For example:
Imagine you’re planning your meal and you’ve got 15 cal left. You want to add lunchmeat, but aren’t sure how many slices fits those calories. With the suggested feature, you would select lunchmeat in the app, select that you want it to equal 15 cal, and the app calculates,“you can have two slices of meat to meet your 15 cal target.” It makes meal planning precise and hassle-free.
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• irisatropa
    irisatropa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Many other meal-tracking apps do have this feature. Incorporating this into MyFitnessPal would further make the app #1