Is this too slow?

Options
Is a 50 lbs weight loss in 10 months too slow??

Answers

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    a) No such thing as too slow.

b) Big difference between 200 lbs to 150 lbs, and 400 lbs to 350 lbs.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    5lbs per month is not slow.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    That’s 50 pounds you no longer have to tote around 24/7.

That’s improved health, better stamina, less tiredness, probably better feeling joints, maybe better A1C or whatever else you’re tracking.

Flip it on its head. Would you rather have the 50 pounds back?

I thought not.

The cup is half full, honey.

May the next ten months also be kind to you, and gift you the grace to go a little easier on yourself.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    About 30 to go? Since it really will slow down eventually, maybe you'll lose the rest in another 10 months. And you don't ever have to gain any of it back!
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    To piggy back on what carina said, it does take awhile to get the last bit off. And a big HOWEVER, who cares? 😄 I bet you feel awesome, look great, and are able to do things you haven’t done in a long time. If you embrace all those new benefits, it won’t matter that it takes time. Especially considering you’ll be eating closer to maintenance and will need to get used to what that looks like.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Took me 10 months to lose 10 kg ( about 22 lb)
  • eslteacheramy
    eslteacheramy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    50 lbs in 10 months is not slow! It is an ideal rate to lose weight because whatever you've been doing over 10 months is a lifestyle change. It took me 12 months to lose 60 lbs...I didn't think it was slow but it wasn't fast either. It seemed to be the perfect rate to make it a permanent part of my lifestyle.