wmejia2oo3
wmejia2oo3 Posts: 2 Member
Trying something new.

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,307 Member
    Options
    Details?

I’m skeptical about losing fat in one specific area.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,511 Member
    Options
    It's NOT the breakfast you eat. It's HOW MUCH you eat and your genetic predisposition of holding fat on areas of your body. If you're a female, look at your mother in most cases to see where she holds fat. Males will look to fathers. Not always perfectly accurate, but your genes are from your parents so it is the guideline.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,914 Member
    Options
    I would love to try an experiment for a breakfast for belly fat loss.
    I wake up hungry. I'm a night owl. I enjoy breakfast least of all the things I eat all day--not because of what I eat, but because I'm too busy trying to keep from falling asleep and falling in my plate to enjoy.
    I could easily eat something specifically aimed at belly fat loss as long as it's super easy to make, or I can prepare the night before.
    Please share @wmejia2oo3
  • wmejia2013
    wmejia2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would eat a high protein meal. Depending on your daily protein intake I may even take a whey or pea protein powder in water before breakfast.
    Day 1. Pea or Whey protein in water drink.
    Day 2. Pea or Whey protein in water drink.
    Day 3. Pea or Whey protein in water drink.
    Day 4. Pea or Whey protein in water drink.I Introduce a high protein meal. Two boiled eggs, avocado toast, or dice eggs, mix with diced avocado, add cilantro/parsley, salt/pepper (hold the toast this way). Cup of strawberries.
    Day 1. Pea or Whey protein in water drink. (Tweak your recipes- no sugar, no carbohydrates for breakfast.) Please share your tweaked recipes!😋😋😋
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    wmejia2013 wrote: »
    I would eat a high protein meal. Depending on your daily protein intake I may even take a whey or pea protein powder in water before breakfast.
    Day 1. Pea or Whey protein in water drink.
    Day 2. Pea or Whey protein in water drink.
    Day 3. Pea or Whey protein in water drink.
    Day 4. Pea or Whey protein in water drink.I Introduce a high protein meal. Two boiled eggs, avocado toast, or dice eggs, mix with diced avocado, add cilantro/parsley, salt/pepper (hold the toast this way). Cup of strawberries.
    Day 1. Pea or Whey protein in water drink. (Tweak your recipes- no sugar, no carbohydrates for breakfast.) Please share your tweaked recipes!😋😋😋

I don't understand. Is the breakfast-carb prohibition day 1 only?

Asking because most bread (for toast) has carbs, avocados are around 19% of calories from carbs, strawberries are 85% of calories from carbs. Even eggs have some carbs (only 5% of calories). I agree that all of those are relatively low carb (in grams terms, in a normal serving), but certainly not "no carbs".

Full transparency: I'm loosely a mainstream balanced-macros eater, close to the MFP default percents retrospectively though I manage my protein and fats with grams minimums rather than percents of calories. My breakfast today had 56g protein (29% of calories), 29g fats (25%), 88g carbs (46%). I lost weight and maintain weight fine eating similarly; and I'd say I probably have less belly fat than the average woman my age/weight/height (68, 131 pounds this AM, 5'5").

It's a personal taste preference, not any kind of universal imperative, but pea or whey protein in water is something I'd have to choke down. In my world, life is too short to be eating stuff I think is yucky, when I can get good overall nutrition (IMO) without doing so. Happily, there's a lot of tasty, nutritious, calorie-appropriate food available in my fortunate developed-world life.

If it works for you, though, that's great, sincerely! If you stick with this, and feel up to it, maybe come back to this thread and let us know how it works out? :flowerforyou: That could help other people, because there sure are a lot of folks eager to lose belly fat.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,898 Member
    Options
    I had pork belly with eggs this morning and I'm sure my waist is smaller now. :D:#
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,307 Member
    Options
    The similarities between OP’s username and the person suggesting the whey or pea protein powder (in water? 🤢) have me wondering….

🤔

I’m not saying it’s a bit too coincidental but…
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    The similarities between OP’s username and the person suggesting the whey or pea protein powder (in water? 🤢) have me wondering….

🤔

I’m not saying it’s a bit too coincidental but…

Heh. I didn't even register that the two IDs were different.