Cholesterol Levels: Which one improved your trigliceride level the most?

Options
Jamesever
Jamesever Posts: 51 Member
edited March 24 in Getting Started
j6u2r7y28mpn.jpg

Cholesterol Levels: Which one improved your trigliceride level the most? 9 votes

Exercising more
44%
_melysalopez_cannonelizabethjcschwerinhayleyclarke090 4 votes
Decreasing sweeteners
11%
herblovinmom 1 vote
Adding specific foods that lower triglyceride levels
0%
Other
44%
AnnPT77FibroHikerSafariGalNYCmuchioknights 4 votes

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,191 Member
    Options
    Other
    Weight loss to a healthy weight was pretty much the only change. My cholesterol and triglycerides dropped into the normal range about halfway through weight loss and have stayed there for around 9 years since. I didn't dramatically change the range of foods I eat, or the amount/intensity of exercise to lose weight. AFAIK, I don't have familial hypercholesterolemia. That can make a difference.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Other
    My cholesterol was borderline. My dr said stress and poor sleep habits were main aggravating factors in my cholesterol. Which I actually never knew could raise cholesterol. So I had to remedy those..
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    Eating Keto dropped my triglycerides majorly.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    edited March 24
    Options
    All of the above, 2 & 3 are connected. Decreasing added sugars is what I'm assuming but you said sweeteners which can include sugar free and if that's what you meant then no they're not going to do anything and I'll say 1 & 3 :D
  • neanderthin
    Options
    Yeah, keto drop trigs by far more than any dietary intervention, with maybe carnivore the exception.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    For me it was losing weight and/or exercising more (both happened at the same time) - I didn't change my diet in any significant way.
    To be fair: the difference wasn't very big: my values were already within normal range - from 72 to 54 mg/dL.
  • neanderthin
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    For me it was losing weight and/or exercising more (both happened at the same time) - I didn't change my diet in any significant way.
    To be fair: the difference wasn't very big: my values were already within normal range - from 72 to 54 mg/dL.

That's damn low, good for you. Low carb and ketogenic diets generally get people well below the 100 mark, mine have been in the 40's for years and I'm not saying your on that particular strategy, just mentioning it. The 150 mg's is in my opinion too high and think 100 is a better standard, but suspect that standard won't change.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

That's damn low, good for you. Low carb and ketogenic diets generally get people well below the 100 mark, mine have been in the 40's for years and I'm not saying your on that particular strategy, just mentioning it. The 150 mg's is in my opinion too high and think 100 is a better standard, but suspect that standard won't change.

And I am nowhere near keto or low carb, for anyone wondering 🙂 (between 210 and 270gr of carbs per day on average)
    But I probably have some good genetics helping me on top of exercise (new since 5 years) and eating a lot of vegetables (not new).
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Other
    My triglycerides and cholesterol were high for the first time iny life last year. I cut out egg yolks, highly refined sugars, and highly refined gluten grains from my diet. I eat meat about 1-2 times per week. Then incorporated more fiber through fruits and vegetables. My most recent visit to the MD showed both levels were back in the normal range.