Intermittent Fasting/diet adjustment

Options
So I'm in relatively decent shape. I'm lean, I workout 3-5 mornings a week, sometimes(rarely) double that up with an evening workout. But I'd like to get into the best shape of my life, meaning I know I need to get a bit leaner and add on muscle.

My diet is okay, I eat somewhat healthy, probably about 60-70% of the time. I'm thinking of taking things to the next level and incorporating intermittent fasting, and adding a heck of a lot more protein (I rarely get close to my number). As a single father of three, I have quite a few challenges. Has anyone had any experience with a similar starting point? Tips? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    So I'm in relatively decent shape. I'm lean, I workout 3-5 mornings a week, sometimes(rarely) double that up with an evening workout. But I'd like to get into the best shape of my life, meaning I know I need to get a bit leaner and add on muscle.

My diet is okay, I eat somewhat healthy, probably about 60-70% of the time. I'm thinking of taking things to the next level and incorporating intermittent fasting, and adding a heck of a lot more protein (I rarely get close to my number). As a single father of three, I have quite a few challenges. Has anyone had any experience with a similar starting point? Tips? Thanks in advance.

The most powerful thing you can do is, as you already mentioned, get your macros and calories in check. If you're already fairly lean, you're not likely to be successful trying to both add muscle and get leaner at the same time. Adding muscle requires a calorie surplus, getting leaner requires a calorie deficit. Decide which you want to do, then either increase or decrease calories accordingly. Make sure you're lifting heavy with progressive overload (meaning heavier weights over time, as you get stronger).