Benefits of boxing

Options
Hi all, wondering if anyone has had personal success at using a boxing bag at home for fitness. Did you lose fat, how long to see results, how often and duration used. Any tips to get trimmed, currently trying to lose 3 stone, was 16 stone now 12 and a bit

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,921 Member
    edited March 25
    Options
    I've used the bag during my lifetime when I had one available and it was a great workout tool, and as a matter of fact I used it a lot. Working up a good sweat is not a problem. I can't give you a number because I played hockey as well at the time but I know it burned more calories than on the mill or a bike. The only other exercise that kicked my butt more where the chin up burpees.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,165 Member
    Options
    It can improve some aspects of fitness, when used well. It can burn calories.

Little or no fat will be lost unless the eating side of the equation is in the right place. If you want to lose 3 stone (42 pounds, 19kg), your biggest payoff will be from work on the eating aspect.

(I was a short endurance athlete for over a decade, training regularly and pretty hard, while staying obese. Even heavy exercise typically burns only a few hundred calories. I can eat a few hundred calories in mere minutes, and did, for years.)