Realising I don’t know what my ‘real’ body looks like

Options
lucydownto
lucydownto Posts: 1 Member
When I started losing weight I had a pretty solid idea of how much I wanted to lose and what I thought my body might look like when I reached that weight.
As time goes by and now with only 1.2kgs away from my goal, I’m realising I still have a fair amount of excess fat to lose.

I’m 28 years old and I would consider myself to have been overweight since being a teenager in high school. I am realising that I don’t know what my adult body actually looks like. It’s scary and exciting and I’m full of anticipation to find out, but it’s a really weird feeling to realise you don’t know the potential of the body you inhabit. Having a solid number as a goal weight is a great source of motivation for me so being unsure of what weight I’m actually working towards past my initial goal is making me feel a little up in the air.

Can anyone relate?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Do you have pics of your mom when she was a teen? Since women usually follow the genetic shape of their mothers, it could give you a little of an idea.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Awegg05
    Awegg05 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I didn't have a healthy weight until I was 30!
    But I'll tell you, when I got that "new body".... it was a weird feeling. I didn't recognize myself in the mirror. I felt like a stranger to myself. Also, people treated me differently. While losing weight is AMAZING, I found myself wanting the comfort of being fat again, if that makes sense?

That aside, it's exciting! Just don't be too specific of what you expect to look like. Embrace the changes :)