Yummy Low-Cholesterol Foods

Options
sludwig84
sludwig84 Posts: 1 Member
I'm a 39 year old female with borderline obesity issues. I've tried Keto so many times but being that I can't be consistent with it, my whole system has been really messed up. Blood sugar spikes constantly, now I've been diagnosed with high cholesterol. I'm a heavy drinker/ smoker trying to quit but it's slow going. I'm looking for healthy and delicious foods that are filling to help me cut back on my cholesterol intake so that my heart and liver has a chance of healing. Clearly the smoking and drinking are a big no no but looking for specifically ideas for recipes that both myself and my live-in partner can enjoy while I start adjusting my eating routine.

Answers

• jhaley13
    jhaley13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Salsa chicken! It's a great recipe! You can find it by searching for the recipe on Google!! I hope you enjoy it as much as me and my family!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,113 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol in your food isn't the culprit of high blood cholesterol.
    To lower blood cholesterol, these are some common recommendations:
    - increase exercise
    - lose weight, if overweight
    - decrease saturated fat intake
    - increase unsaturated fat intake (nuts and seeds, avocado's, fatty fish...)
    - increase (soluble) fiber intake (vegetables, oatmeal,...)
    - lower alcohol intake

Some people have high cholesterol issues despite doing the above (often hereditary) - in that case medication may be necessary.