Gut Health? Best supplements?

Options
exgehfuu5xio.jpeg

Did you know all of these things are related to gut health? How many do you have? What do you take for healthy guts?

Replies

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    The first thing I wonder is what is the source for this list and what are they selling? From this, literally any bad feeling that you have is caused by gut problems.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I had bad gut problems after surgery. I took probiotics by the handfuls, ate only raw vegetables, mostly celery and broccoli for 2 weeks or so, my hair fell out in handfuls, my skin looked like alligator. I don't recommend it.
    If you're really worried about it, I'd suggest probiotic and prebiotic food.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options
    Candida overgrowth? Do you consider that to be synonymous with poor gut health? Where did that unattributed list come from? Are you selling something?

Candidiasis is a real health condition, but it's also a condition used by many money-grubbing charlatans to lure people into paying money for supposed "treatments". Be careful.

The only thing on the list that I have is thyroid dysfunction, and in my case that's genetic.

I routinely eat large amounts of veggies, fruits, and some whole grains. I eat probiotic foods: Live-culture yogurt and kefir, raw vinegars on salads, unpasteurized sauerkraut and kim chi, miso, etc.

It seems to work fine. I don't have candidiasis, certainly. (It can be tested for, and is a treatable thing.)