PCOS and Insulin Resistance

Options
Hey everyone,

I suffer from insulin resistance/pcos. Just wondering it there are any other “cysters” in here?

Replies

• HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Me!
    I have PCOS, diagnosed when I was about 18. I also have under active thyroid.

Women with PCOS are usually told to go low-carb and low-sugar which can help with symptoms, but I just eat in a deficit.

I lost 55lbs about 7 years ago but have since put it back on. I’ve lost 10 and have about 35-40 left to lose😊
  • MaeesaAHHH
    MaeesaAHHH Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I have both pcos and hypothyroid. There are many of us here, too, as these are very common medical conditions to have. I agree with the above, on low carb and sugar. But I'm really attracted to carbs and sugar, I have really cut back on these but going no carb makes me go into binge mode so I don't do no carb, but that's the best way to go if it works for you
  • mazzeryamaryliss
    mazzeryamaryliss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'd be the same binge on carbs.

But yes pcos myself. Only found out this year. The weight gain is a big issue. I have lost a stone in the last few months. Three more to go.

Got a letter for my adomen ultrasound this month. So there's just to confirm the pcos.but my bloods have confirmed it's very likely.

• sabrinawalter19
    sabrinawalter19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do. It has been a struggle to lose weight. Everyday feel like I am starving myself, turning down sweets just to see the needle on the scale barely move.
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    While I have not been told if I've got insulin resistance going on, I do have PCOS and am turning to my diet and weight loss to try and lessen some of the symptoms. I know cutting all carbs would be very hard for me (and I'd be super likely to binge eat anything along those lines), so I'm not eliminating them, but certainly limiting how much I consume. The weight is coming off slowly but surely so I feel pretty good about it! Down about 10lbs since the start of the year (even with a yoyo this past month).
  • diamondsnthesky
    diamondsnthesky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    PCOS here, recent high blood pressure diagnosis, and testing for thyroid based on initial bloodwork and symptoms. A few years back husband and I did keto and we both loss (him of course faster). Life happens and we gained all back and more. It's been a hell of a few years.
    Not looking to do strict keto again, as it just isn't sustainable, but I need to get back to less convenience meals and eat better. Just redownloaded MFP to get back into this. Feel free to friend me if anyone wants; always happy to have support.