Stuck

Options
Hey everyone I’m sure this is asked all the time. I’m stuck. After a huge injury I put on 45 pounds. Relaxed and started eating fast food and bad foods. I had enough and got back again. I’m eating much healthier. Salads, chicken etc. keeping my macros pretty close on target. Lost 10 pounds pretty quickly. Hit a plateau I’m down to about 1300 calories a day now. Doing cardio 3 days a week now. It’s only walking for 45 mins right now but getting stronger every day. So my question is this. I feel like I should be in a deficit but I’m not loosing. Should I up my calories a little. I have never put much faith in the eating to little thing. Help. I’m 53 male currently 239 pounds.

Answers

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Just follow CICO.

If you eat more than your body needs to function you will gain.

If you eat just enough you will maintain.

If you eat less you will lose.

Yep it really is that simple... :)
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    “Getting stronger every day”
    You’re likely building muscle, which weighs more than fat.
    Have you measured yourself lately?
    Perhaps your waist is a little smaller?
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I noticed that you didn't list your total average daily calorie burn. Do you use a fitness tracker and wear it around the clock? That is the only way to know your true calorie deficit. You may be eating at too much of a deficit. Right now I burn on average 2400 calories a day and eat between 1600 and 1700 a day. I am losing about one pound a week. But I wouldn't know where my calorie deficit should be if I didn't know my average daily burn. I only know that because I wear a fitness tracker around the clock.