Protein/Carbs

Options
So my doctor is telling me that she wants me down to 1200 calories a day. I am not there yet. I am slowly decreasing to that b/c when I do a major cut in calories or carbs it tends to trigger depression which is horrible. I have been told that in order to lose weight you need to have no more than 150 carbs per day and I am usually just under that right now. My question is, should I decrease the amount of carbs that I allow myself as I decrease my calories or am I good to stick with 150? In regards to protein, should I increase my protein goal as I decrease my calories? I have to customize my goals here on MFP and want to make sure I'm not doing something "wrong." Any input anyone would like to share would be appreciated. :happy:

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If you use the 1200 cal limit and put your lifestyle to the lowest level and set your protein/carb/fat levels to 40/30/30 you will be within the range suggested by your doctor.

Good luck!
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm on 1200 cals and doing the 40carbs/30fat/30protein mix and I am alloted 120 carbs/40fat/90protein. I went in and changed my setting to 40/30/30 which is about what the Zone Diet recommends. Most days I'm a little short on protein and sometimes over on carbs but not by much and I'm averaging about 5 or 5 lbs a month weight loss. I've still got 78 lbs to lose but slow and steady is the healthy way to do it.

"edited to correct"