Assuming MFP isn't doing away with the website, where is the login button?

Options
anthonyloprimo
anthonyloprimo Posts: 27 Member
This is going to be a strange issue, considering I'm clearly logged in as I'm posting this... just hear me out:

The main website for "www.myfitnesspal.com" (redirects to "www.myfitnesspal.com/en/") has no log in/sign in button, just a sign up button. Mind you, the page I see is mostly a blue one with a lot of promotional material; the usual stuff when trying to get new prospective customers, which is great and all.

I have been signed out for a while and decided to return to using MFP and see what I can use to help me out, however when I went to the main page, there's no button for you to sign in. I can certainly sign up, but not sign in.

I looked all over the fancy promo/landing page, and even used Ctrl+F in case I'm being blind as a bat - I found nothing.

Now for those wondering how am I able to make this post? I had to use a bit of finessing. I first checked to see if there's a login page. I entered "myfitnesspal.com/login/", which brought me to a blank user page. Luckily, this userpage had the UI that I'm used to using, at which point I could click in the top-right corner of the page to sign in. From there, I signed in like normal, and any time I go to "myfitnesspal.com" it will direct me to the main user page.

I don't know if I was expected to go through the sign up process, at which point there's a prompt for me to sign in if I have an account, but that makes absolutely no sense to me, as a user.

Whoever is in charge of the site design really needs to add some sort of a sign in button, even a simple "already have an account?" link as just about every other major service has as well.

On the flipside, if someone can confirm that the website is being done away with in lieu of exclusively being an app... well that would suck, but that certainly makes more sense as to why I can't readily sign in. Though, that would seem odd that the rest of the site is accessible.
Tagged:

Answers

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    maybe try a different browser? I see login on myfitnesspal.com. I tried to put in myfitnesspal.com/en and it redirects me back to the main website.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • anthonyloprimo
    anthonyloprimo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    maybe try a different browser? I see login on myfitnesspal.com. I tried to put in myfitnesspal.com/en and it redirects me back to the main website.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Thank you! I don't quite know why, but no matter whether I zoom in or out or change the window size, nothing works. HOWEVER, if I visit the site on mobile and tap the user icon in the top-right corner? Brings me to a Member Login page.

I don't quite know what happened but that's strange. I'll have to test this once I'm home as well.. Thank you!