Hello

Options
rosebear1983
rosebear1983 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 28 in Introduce Yourself
I'm trying this out for the first time. My goal is to lose 100 pounds. I'm not very active due to health reasons. But I've been keeping food journal and watching what I eat. I have a stationary bike I use for an hour a day 6 days a week. I'm trying to get to where I can walk for atlest an hour a day without having to stop and sit.
I drink water all the time l, with an occasional sprite with dinner or lunch twice a week.

Replies

• michellej912
    michellej912 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is great how often you bike. I have really let myself go and I need to try and lose at least 50 pounds. With all the weight gain it makes it hard to walk. My lower legs start to hurt alot and not in q good way. I really wish I could get out and at least walk for 30 min with no problem. I used fitness pal along time ago for a weight loss journey and it really helps me to stay on track.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,928 Member
    Options
    Hi, Rose!
    I lost 60 pounds years ago with a desk job and 1 hour of exercise a day. Took 6 months. Gained 20 back.
    Fast forward many years. Still at same weight. Lost 40 more pounds with 0 exercise. Took about 8 months. Just takes a little more patience.
  • TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That is great how often you bike. I have really let myself go and I need to try and lose at least 50 pounds. With all the weight gain it makes it hard to walk. My lower legs start to hurt alot and not in q good way. I really wish I could get out and at least walk for 30 min with no problem. I used fitness pal along time ago for a weight loss journey and it really helps me to stay on track.

Have you tried walking workouts on Youtube

Mini-To-Mighty is a 30 day program that takes you from 1 minute to 30 minutes. Maybe it takes you longer that 30 days, but it could be a good place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hlndM5T2kk

There are many other "walks" starting at 5 minutes. Many different "walk leaders."