Sugar content

Options
I’m really at a loss , maybe me but why has white cabbage have sugar in?
Why does red pepper contain sugar? Is it classed as carbs?
Does anyone else have problems eating the right amount of calories and not go over carbs, protein and fibre . I find it pretty impossible.
Not sure if I’ll be able to read replies but cannot seem to open any posts on anything . Tried lots of times 🤷‍♂️

Best Answers

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When you eat a chile, especially a sweet one like a bell, that sweetness is sugar. Plants contain sugar. Plants translocate sugars throughout their tissues because it's their food. Plants use sunshine and water during photosynthesis to create sugars. That's the basis for most all life on Earth.

I don't worry about going over on carbs. I for sure don't worry about going over on fiber. I have more issues making sure to get enough protein, not going over. For protein, I just look at the number of grams irrespective of the goal in MFP because that will increase when I'm active.

Sorry you're not going to read this though.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yeah, all plants contain sugars for energy, structure, regulation and in the development stages of those plants. Keep your eye on the big picture. :)

Answers

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    When you eat a chile, especially a sweet one like a bell, that sweetness is sugar. Plants contain sugar. Plants translocate sugars throughout their tissues because it's their food. Plants use sunshine and water during photosynthesis to create sugars. That's the basis for most all life on Earth.

I don't worry about going over on carbs. I for sure don't worry about going over on fiber. I have more issues making sure to get enough protein, not going over. For protein, I just look at the number of grams irrespective of the goal in MFP because that will increase when I'm active.

Sorry you're not going to read this though.

💯 facts
  • Drivergran4
    Drivergran4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I’ve never finally found how to read comments , only taken 3 weeks, can’t rush these things 😂 I’ve been dipping in and out of mfp since 2016 but only recently joined premier. I’ve lost a stone this time and want to shed another 7 lbs . My holiday is 4 weeks today so no doubt a few lbs will be gained but determined to lose the rest when back again.