New to My Fitness

Options
I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Brianna. I’m new and I’m also on Noom. I looked into becoming a part of My Fitness Pal because of the desire to lose weight and exercise and I want to be part of a more affordable fitness endeavor because of how much it cost on Noom. It is too expensive to invest in Noom too. My goal weight is 107 lbs.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Brianna! I've been with MFP for 15 years, never spent a penny, plenty of results.
  • mojo48212
    mojo48212 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Brianna, I also was on Noom for a bit. It is definitely expensive and not for everyone. I have had more success using MFP than any other tool. I also decided since my parents and school never really taught me about nutrition I should probably learn it myself. I started with Nutrition for Dummies about 10 years ago and have probably ready 50 books since. Everything from proper fueling for marathon runners to nutritional needs for body builders.

The key to this is to remember we are all different and are where we are for different reasons. I am where I am due to emotional eating and depression which I am still struggling with. I will extend a friend request if you would like some gentle support. We all fall, but we also get back up. We don't need to beat ourselves up for missteps.