Weight loss

Options
Hello everyone. I’ve been gymming about 4-5 times a week. Following push pull legs day with max rep and 12 sets. Eating in a deficit but yet my weight loss has hit a plateau

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,117 Member
    Options
    How long has this plateau lasted? How much weight have you lost so far, and over how much time? What are your stats (current and goal)?

Without further info, all we can say is:
    - short term stalls (weeks) are normal, patience is required
    - long term stalls/plateaus (months): check the accuracy of your food logging and/or lower your calorie goal a bit. In case of significant weight-loss, your calorie goal needs to be adjusted - smaller bodies require fewer calories
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    Increased physical activity causes water retention, too. Especially the kind of weight resistance you are doing. To increase muscles the muscle fibers tear. To repair them inflammation occurs. Hence water retention/weight.

I hope you're taking rest days. Keep going, it will level out. Eventually the calorie deficit outstrips the inflammation weight. :flowerforyou:
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    If no loss after 4-6 weeks you aren't in a weekly calorie deficit even thoug you calculations say you are.