The Consistency Struggle is Real

Options
bikingguy
bikingguy Posts: 3 Member
Hi I’m Tom from Ohio originally but living in the great state of South Carolina. I have an Fiance of like 11 years now and 1 son, 2 step sons, and 1 bonus son they all are great kids. Unfortunately I’ve struggled with my weight since my 30’s where I went from 150’s to 225. Then in my 40’s I went from 225 to 325 and currently at 314.4 this morning. I’m refocused and trying to develop the consistency that I’ve lacked for the last 20+years. I turn 55 this year and am starting to experience some knee pain and would rather lose this weight once and for all vs. the weight continuing to break me down. Any advice would be appreciated and I’m looking to find motivational friends as well here.

Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    CICO is the answer. Eat less than you need and it will come off. Shoot for 2lbs per week at the weight you are at. In a years time if you stay on track you will be down 100lbs.

There is no magical dust here. Sorry to be blunt but tough love is the best love. :)
  • Leo_King84
    Leo_King84 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is pretty much the only way to lose weight. Whether it be consuming less calories or expending more by being more active.

I started the carnivore diet recently and found it pretty good. I'm not suggesting anything that radical but I'm finding eating more fattier meat keeps me full for longer and stops me wanting to snack.

Try get more exercise in wherever you can. Walk instead of drive, take stairs instead of lifts, walk the dog more, play football (Sorry, soccer) with your kids. Anything that gets you up and out.