Scan Barcode

Options
MDDailey
MDDailey Posts: 3 Member
I have used the Scan Barcode tool in the Dairy for years. Recently, both Myfitnesspal and iOS updated their software and the Scan Barcode tool no longer works. I've checked the settings on my iPad for Camera On and in Fitness Pal as well. Everything appears to be setup properly. Still doesn't work. I have used Premium for years so it should work since the scan tool is part of the premium program. Any help would be appreciated. I contacted MyFitnessPal support on Saturday and got a response. I responded to the email and advised that none of their solutions worked and asked for additional help two days ago. I haven't received an acknowledgement as of yet. Any ideas on a fix would be appreciated. I also contacted iOS about this problem.

Answers

• MDDailey
    MDDailey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    On April 12, 2024 MyFitnessPal marked my post as resolved. Given that my Scan Barcode tool still doesn't work, I've requested that they advise me of how the issue has been resolved. It seems that if the issue was resolved they would have told me what needs to be done in order for Scan Barcode to function. When they sent me the email advising the issue had been resolved they gave me the option of selecting "good, I'm satisfied" or "bad, I'm not satisfied". I selected the latter and advised MyFitnessPal that I've been waiting patiently for a satisfactory response for several weeks. My initial inquiry was on March 29, 2024, tomorrow will be three weeks. Other than telling me that this issue seems to be isolated to IPad generations 6 and 7 I haven't received anything of valve over that three week period. This all started with MyFitnessPal's most recent upgrade and (of course, iOS's recent upgrade at the same time). I would have expected MyFitnessPal to reach out to iOS if the issue is confined to 6th and 7th generation iPads. I suppose that's asking to much. I think MyFitnessPal would rather the 100s or 1000s of Fitness Pal users having this problem to reach out to iOS about this problem. From MyFitnessPal's perspective that is a more efficient use of their time. Of course, it's not an efficient use of my time. I spoke with my Nutritionist about this problem and she's advise me of other programs with a good repetition that can address my needs. My ten year's using Premium with My Fitness Pal ends in the second week of May. I expect I will end this relationship at that time.