Greetings from Hot and Sunny Oregon!

Options
Hey, Ladies and Gentlemen! I am a 50 year old lady working on losing about 26 pounds that have crept onto me, evidently while I was sleeping....It sure creeps up on you, doesn't it? I've been just a tad overweight all my life, not enough to totally annoy me until now. I can't continue at 187 pounds. I am not 6'4"! Sooo...lol, I do need some friends. I'm active, ride my bike, do a lot of house and yard work at two homes (take care of an elderly dad), and teach high school English during the school year. I am a busy person....Please write back, and I would love to coach you along, and get support in return! ~ Deb:smile::flowerforyou:

Replies

• matomama
    matomama Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me. I am new too. I'm sure we could both use all the support we can get!
    Lorna
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I didn't know Oregon can be hot and sunny! LOL
    Well, you've come to the right place for support and motivation. I am also a newbie here, but so far I love it! We are all here with the same reason, whether it be to lose weight, get healthy, etc.
    It's amazing how much our metabolism slows down after reaching a certain age. For me it was when I turned 40. I have to work twice as hard to lose half the weight I was able to lose 10 yrs ago.
    It sounds like you're very busy. Hopefully you can find some time to work out, aside from riding your bike. I work at an elementary school so I'm taking full advantage of my free time this summer by working out at the gym. I don't get to work out as often during the school year and it never fails, I always look good by the end of the summer, and by the end of the school year, I have to start all over again. I recently purchased a couple of exercise videos to do at home after work so that I can at least do SOMETHING.
    Good luck to you!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Lol when I first saw the title of this post, I was like WHAT?? I live In Eugene and its only been hottish and sunny for about two weeks and we've even had some cold morning! Everything is relative I guess when you live with 6 plus months of eternal grey skies like Eugene has this year.

Welcome and good luck!!
  • duckchick
    duckchick Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! Introducing myself, too. I got this ap through my Ipod touch and decided to check out the site. looks great, so far! I hope to to make new friends and lose weight, all together. :)
  • urdaprincess
    Options
    Yeah it seeems to be great so far. Use it to your advantage.
  • KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    Hi, I used to live in Portland. I miss it sometimes. I now live in Utah, and the saying here is "wait 5 minutes or drive 5 miles and the weather will be different". Welcome to MFP. I have been using the calorie counter for 27 days and have lost 13 lbs. I have some more to lose but that is a great start. I would love to be your friend. Friend request me.