Back at it

Options
Hi everyone. Been on and off this so many times the past 10 yrs. Decided April 1 to actually sign up and pay. My daughter started WW too so here we go. Menopause is kicking my butt. Looking for mutual friends to support each other.

Replies

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle! Welcome to MFP! What are your goals? My short term goal is to lose 20 lbs, but ultimately I hope to get to 120 and below 18 percent body fat.

You can lose fat in spite of menopause (just FYI I'm post-menopausal at 61 years old). There are plenty of 50 pluses here on MFP.

You can do this! Log your calories daily and macros, measure everything. Pump up the protein and healthy fats so you won't be so hungry all the time.
  • mojo48212
    mojo48212 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle, nice to meet you. I'm 49 and haven't quite hit menopause yet. It was easy for my mother so I am hoping it is easy on me as well.

FR sent.
  • Michellepruitt33
    Michellepruitt33 Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    Beware… all of sudden you gain 5 lbs over night every year and it won’t go away 🤪
    FR excepted!! Thank you
  • Michellepruitt33
    Michellepruitt33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lisa! My goal is to get back into the 120’s I have put on 12 lbs and it just won’t budge. I have to go back to holding myself accountable for all the “hidden” calories I know I’m consuming. 🍺🍷. Thanks for the message
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :)