Coffee

Options
Good morning,
I’m wondering if I should log my coffee. I drink a 10 oz coffee with 1.5 tbs of brown sugar with creamer

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Yes. Brown sugar and creamer have calories. Black coffee, notsomuch.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would log it, but you will burn those calories off just staying alive... :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    One cup, or multiple? How much creamer?

Brown sugar, 1 Tbsp, around 30-35 calories (depending on details like how brown and packed/unpacked).

Creamer, varies, but potentially also 30+ calorie per Tbsp.

Coffee, black, around 2 calories per 8 fluid ounces.

I'd for sure log the sugar and creamer. Personally (even though I put different things in my coffee than you do), I log the actual black coffee, too. That's not essential given how few calories it is, but since I just put it in my "meal" and it's one-click to include the coffee and amendments (plus in some cases my actual breakfast), I put it in there.

YMMV.
  • jmcmahan61
    jmcmahan61 Posts: 122 Member
    edited April 4
    Options
    I drink 2 cups of coffee every morning with 3 tbsp of non dairy creamer and 3 tbsp sugar; I do log it daily, since this adds 206 calories, 44g carbs and 40g sugar; if you're trying to lose weight and sticking to a certain amount of calories then you should log it.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,270 Member
    Options
    I have two "cups" of coffee most days. My "cup" is a pint, so actually two cups. I don't add anything to my coffee. When I log it, my diary says that's nine calories. Not much, but I log it every day.

If I used anything in the coffee, I would absolutely log that.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I log all my coffee and tea -- even the black cups but especially so if there is milk. creamer or sugar added.