Highest vegetables with fiber?

Options
teetee50
teetee50 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone, I'm not new to MFP, but I'm on a new weightloss journey. I'm trying to eat better macros, and trying to learn about each of them. Today is all about the fiber. I'm not sure what the best vegs are. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.
Terry 🙏 ❤️

Answers

• TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I track fiber too; peas broccoli, Brussels sprouts, potatoes in the veggie category. As long as you're eating a variety of whole foods; grains, beans, fruits & veggies your numbers should look good.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/high-fiber-foods/art-20050948
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,907 Member
    Options
    There's not just "fiber", there are multiple types with different kinds of benefits. The best bet would be to vary your veggies (and grains, etc.), aiming for various colors and types (leafy, roots, fruits (including veggies that are actually technically fruits, such as tomatoes), etc.). Varying them will also help to get a well-rounded assortment of micronutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and beneficial phytochemicals.

A few fiber types to be aware of: Soluble, insoluble, fermentable.

Best wishes!