WLS weight gain after 5 years

Options
Hello! I am looking to connect with WLS patients who have maintained and then gained. Looking to share my journey and connect with others on the same path.

Replies

• privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Lost 150 lbs after surgery. 7 years out. Hunger back at about year 5. Gained almost 40 lbs. so sad I could cry. Instead, back in the saddle. Walking 2-1/2 miles to start. Will work back up to 5. Counting everything I put in my mouth. Reaching my protein goal which is a little over 100g. Drinking 90 oz of water everyday.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    privy95 wrote: »
    Lost 150 lbs after surgery. 7 years out. Hunger back at about year 5. Gained almost 40 lbs. so sad I could cry. Instead, back in the saddle. Walking 2-1/2 miles to start. Will work back up to 5. Counting everything I put in my mouth. Reaching my protein goal which is a little over 100g. Drinking 90 oz of water everyday.

Can you provide your stats please ie TDEE, height, weight, daily calorie goal, etc?

The daily routine… sounds really miserable unless 5 miles a day is a passion, and I think there’s more options than an anguishing up-hill battle for the rest of your life. There’s something else going on and I think it’s smart to sort that out before 40 lbs turns into more.
  • margeprohofsky
    margeprohofsky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m going to commit to posting my strength training workouts to keep myself motivated. I have 12 lbs to lose and I’m trying to get back into my 3 day/week strength training routine for ski conditioning. I also walk and do cardio 2x/week. I originally lost 35 lbs 8 years ago and now I yo-yo an additional 10-12 lbs. I’m back at it now! 5’6 162 lbs.