Hello! I'm new again!

Options
jennbeth1
jennbeth1 Posts: 13 Member
edited April 6 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I used MFP to lose 80 lbs 10 years ago, and I have, over the last six years, managed to gain it all back in 20 lb increments. So I'm back! This is a proven method for me, so I'm full steam ahead with tracking, and actually enjoying the process. I'm 41 now, 5'6, starting weight of 264.

Replies

• Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I've yo-yo'd for years. What I've found sustainable for me is cutting carbs and sugar, especially the highly processed food. I'm down 95 lbs. That's been over the last 1.5 years. I would say counting carbs is more important than counting calories.

I wish you much success!

• carlandami
    carlandami Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’d like to be full steam ahead with as much gusto as you!! I’m 58 and 5’8 with a starting weight of 215. Goal weight is 160
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like tracking calories and macros too. I thought it would make me obsessed with eating but it hasn't.

Good luck to the both of you on your fitness/wellness journey!
  • jennbeth1
    Options
    Aesop101 wrote: »
    I've yo-yo'd for years. What I've found sustainable for me is cutting carbs and sugar, especially the highly processed food. I'm down 95 lbs. That's been over the last 1.5 years. I would say counting carbs is more important than counting calories.

I wish you much success!

Congratulations! That's awesome! I, per my doctor's instructions (and this worked last time, too), am focused on adding more fiber. That naturally reduces sugar, I find. But it involves carbs. My steady rise back up to where I am now has followed my relationship with my husband. :D I picked up all his bad habits, and the pandemic added more. Now he's trying to pick up my good habits.
  • jennbeth1
    Options
    carlandami wrote: »
    I’d like to be full steam ahead with as much gusto as you!! I’m 58 and 5’8 with a starting weight of 215. Goal weight is 160

Good luck! Just keep moving forward!