Alcohol less and less

Options
FibroHiker
FibroHiker Posts: 344 Member
8-10 years ago I would have brunch with the ladies on a lazy Saturday sipping champagne, eating, and relaxing by the pool. It was an all day thing sometimes leading up to our hubbies joining us for a BBQ in the late afternoon. This was a monthly ritual we enjoyed throughout the summer months.

I haven't been a regular bruncher for the past two years since I moved to Nevada. My tolerance for alcohol seems to be waning.

I'm on vacation this week. My hubby and I visited with family and friends in CA after a short trip to Joshua Tree. After returning home to NV we did some hiking in Valley of Fire. Last night after dinner my hubby suggested we open a bottle of wine. First thought was, "Yes! We're on vacation!" This morning I feel like crap. During my brunching years we would drink MANY bottles of champagne as a group over the course of a gathering and wake up the next day feeling fine. Now it seems I can't even share one bottle of wine without feeling awful the next day.

Is this just how it is now?

Female, 49, BMI:24, perimenopausal

Replies

• AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I just dumped half my bottle of vodka in a sprayer with orange peels to use for a cleaner/ deodorizer, haha
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    Alcohol tolerance does decrease when you stop/ reduce your intake.
    I've never been a heavy drinker, but since losing weight I've reduced my intake even further and I definitely feel the difference.
    I imagine having less bodyweight also has an impact on alcohol tolerance, so if you've lost weight like me, that might be a cause too.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Much of it has to do with drinking frquency. The more frequent the more efficient the body seems to be at ejecting it. Yes age also is a factor. Anecdotally too much wine and it takes a few days before I'm back to normal these days.

2 glasses=good. 1 bottle=bad.