First Week

Options
My first week back at it was a huge success so far…my only mistake was I went to the movies and had a bag of raisinets! Way more calories than what I should’ve let myself eat. Ended up losing 6 lbs since Sunday just eating wiser and tracking my food. Only had one exercise day in there and it was yard work yesterday for two hours. Today my son and I are going to the movies but I’m heading out to the store to pick up some apples to cut up for the movies, try to make better decisions today. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated…I’m a type 2 dietetic taking metformin and Ozempic. The Ozempic worked well on a trial the. I ran out for 6 weeks waiting on my upgraded insurance and when I got back on it, there seemed to be no weight loss effect. My sugar numbers are improving daily since I’m eating better and the doctor upped my dose so perhaps that’s strengthening my willpower but at the end of the day you still have to do the right things. Hurt my knee on the cruise so I’ve waiting by until it isn’t hurting so much to start adding in cardio. We’ve still took some shorter walks around a mile or so. Be blessed my friends and I’m rooting for you. Tom

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Hi Tom - welcome!

I'm hearing lots of enthusiasm, which is great, but am concerned you are going to go to hard at it and hurt yourself/burn out.

I've had knee issues since 2009 - don't make my mistake and try to "work though" knee pain. Walking, assuming you're not limping at the end, is great cardio. Ditto for yard work. There are machines at any gym which are low or zero impact.

I bring snacks to the movies too, but that's because I'm cheap and the portions are too big for me. :smiley: I think there might be something in between apples and raisinets though :wink: I'd bring almonds to go with the apples. Nut are calorie dense, so I weigh them carefully. (I weigh everything, but think it is especially important to accurately log calorie dense foods.)