Advocare 24 Day Challanege - 15 lbs, 20 inches - Pics Incld

Options
here are my before and afters using the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. The system is 2 parts: 10 day cleanse, 14 day max phase. I trained 5-6 days a week, mostly weight training w. some cardio added on. I ate 5-6 clean meals a day along with taking advocare supplements. Advocare Spark + Arginine Extreme is definitely my new favorite pre-workout drink!

I still have a long ways to go until goal (around 170ish), but I'm further than I was 24 days ago and my mind and body feel great! I'm no longer sluggish and tired all the time. I actually want to be active instead of laying on the couch! If you have any questions about any of this, please let me know!

photo1.jpg
hopefully the picture works..

Replies

• SunnyMoss
    SunnyMoss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is a great testimonial.

I recently became a distributor, but wanted to try the challenge for myself. I just truly believe in word of mouth.

I couldn't agree with you more on feeling better in being closer to my weight loss goal. I'm 18 days into the challenge and 11 lbs down. I'm good if I lose 15 on the challenge and can't wait to pick up the weight management piece again.

Which shakes did you try? I've been on the mocha chocolate, which are tastier than other protein shakes I've had in the past, but I'd like to try others.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Wow they must have seen you coming with those prices for their products. Much better options around.

Either way well done on the fat loss, However I believe their are much better ways you could shift weight and actually cheaper products of the same quality around.
  • daftthoughts
    Options
    You're posting this again? In your last topic, found here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1092363-15-lbs-20-in-lost-in-24-days-w-pics

People were very concerned with your eating habits, including myself. Like I said last time, it's good you lost weight, I just don't agree with your method. Before you made your food diary private, you were regularly logging days where you had over 1,000 calories net LEFT TO EAT. You often didn't even make the regular 1,200 net mark when not counting the calories you burned with exercise. Someone even mentioned you had days of eating only 600 calories net.

Your body needs fuel. If you deprive it of its fuel and go on an exercise rampage for 24 days, your body will also consume the muscle you need to burn fat because fat alone isn't cutting it.

That said, losing weight so quickly can be very bad for your body. 15 pounds is something you should lose in 2-3 months for a sustainable long term weight loss goal, not in 24 days. Your chances of regaining this weight when you go back on a regular lifestyle diet are big.

Thumb of rule is if you can't sustain eating and exercising like this for the rest of your life, it's a short-term fad diet that will not work out for the long term. The real work starts at changing your lifestyle and permanent diet, something that means you can eat normal foods without needing to replace (partial) meals with shakes or supplements.

This isn't negativity, which is a word you were happy to throw around on the other topic. This is CONCERN, because you're not doing yourself any long-term favors. You're setting a bad example for other people who are desperate to lose weight and give the false impression that losing a lot of weight in 3 weeks is a good thing, when most doctors will strongly recommend against it.

My doctor thinks I'm losing weight too fast, and I lost 15 pounds in 7 weeks eating what I want (up to 2,000 calories a day) and exercising 3 times a week. Just to give you a contrast on what is considered healthy.

Edit: I actually only just now saw you edited your topic stating you were eating 1,400 calories a day. I still don't quite believe it because of the hostility you displayed over people being concerned. That said, it doesn't change my opinion that this diet will not work out long-term, and that long-term lifestyle changes are needed to make this last.
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!