Hello

Options
avylovar
avylovar Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone, been using this on and off for years!

I recently suffered a traumatic event that has not only left me with crippling guilt and grief but also not so compassionate thoughts about myself. I am on meds and going to therapy so please don’t think this is a TW or something.

I am here because I recognize the destructive patterns and the road I am going down is not healthy.

I am trying to hold myself accountable with internet strangers because my obsession with my weight and losing at least 100lbs is not something my family understands or how it ties in with my grief.

I would like to turn my negative feelings into motivation.

It may not be the kind of support people originally look for but I am looking for non
judgmental expression.

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    avylovar wrote: »

I recently suffered a traumatic event that has not only left me with crippling guilt and grief but also not so compassionate thoughts about myself. I am on meds and going to therapy so please don’t think this is a TW or something.

I am here because I recognize the destructive patterns and the road I am going down is not healthy.

I am trying to hold myself accountable with internet strangers because my obsession with my weight and losing at least 100lbs is not something my family understands or how it ties in with my grief.

It may not be the kind of support people originally look for but I am looking for non
    judgmental expression.

@avylovar How brave of you to face your pain, your emotions and your challenges head-on! I so admire that courage to move forward in such a positive way! I hope you will sprinkle in some meditation and prayer which will both help you find peace. Peace....another tool you may need to get you through. Hang in there, my friend. You can do this. I'm sending you good vibes and truly hope only the very best for you. If you need to vent, I'm here.

Donna
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    avylovar wrote: »

judgmental expression.

You should join a group I'm in called, My 100 Pound Journey. There are a lot of good challenges on here, but that one is good for someone who has a lot of weight to lose and needs support. We all are trying to lose 100 plus pounds, there are some smaller weight people in it, but most of us are on the bigger side, and understand the struggles of being heavy set. However, if you need additional support there is also a category on MyFitnessPal strictly for motivation and support. Best of luck to you!