New here :)

sharpster84
sharpster84 Posts: 1 Member
Does anybody have good healthy recipes that can be done in an airfryer?

Interested in trying new stuff :)

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,873 Member
    I do a low fat Basque burnt cheesecake. Google the recipe for the dairy to egg ratio but ignore admonishments that you need to use full fat double cream and cream cheese.
    I line a spring form pan that fits in the air fryer with silicon baking paper. Hand whisk a half and half mixture of low fat Philadelphia cream cheese, and 0% fat yoghurt and then add enough condensed milk to sweeten to taste in a large measuring cup. I then whisk in two or three eggs. I prefer to hand whisk which incorporates less air than an electric mixer so makes a denser texture. Put the empty spring form in the airfryer and fill the form from the spouted measuring cup. Bake at 160C for 20 to 30 minutes until set. It continues to cook while cooling so it can be wobbly under the surface when removed from the air fryer. It’s easiest to remove the cheese cakes by grabbing the edge of the spring form with tongs. Serve plain or with fruit or coulis.
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 76 Member
    I fry my salmon 400 degrees, first spray w/olive oil (0 cal in spray can), put blacked seasoning, smother w/slice lemons bake 13 min depending on thickness. I eat a lot of whole foods, and airfry cubed sweet potatoes, turnips, and butternut (spray 1st with olive oil 0 cal)

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    Not the healthiest, but I like a breaded chicken patty sandwich with sriracha
  • Casey1212
    Casey1212 Posts: 1 Member
    I cut up chicken breasts into smallish pieces, dip in scrambled egg and roll in sesame seeds. Spray air fryer pan with a little oil, then Air fry for about 5 minutes, turn, and air fry for another 5 minutes, depending on thickness. 10g sesame seeds are 60 calories and almost 6g of fat, so don’t go crazy. But protein also.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,873 Member
    I like air fryer toasted leftover grains to bulk up salads to take to work for lunch. These add a little crunch and a few tablespoons make a salad more filling. Also starches that have been cooled and either served cold or reheated get some of the carbs converted to resistant starch, which have a lower glycemic index and fewer calories. Google resistant starch for more information.
    If you have some leftover grains such quinoa, couscous, bulghur or rice, toss with a little bit of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Air fry 15-20 minutes stirring in the toasty crust every 5 minutes.
    Here's the article I got the idea from.
    https://tastecooking.com/best-thing-make-air-fryer-isnt-fried/
  • JeanGenie12
    JeanGenie12 Posts: 14 Member
    Roasted chickpeas. I find they’re great when I’m craving something like salty fries
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    Its not fancy, but I like to cook a breaded chicken breast in the air fryer and put it on a bun with lettuce, tomato, and sriracha
  • trish123pj7494
    trish123pj7494 Posts: 1 Member
    Air fryer cube steak…you sprinkle both sides with your seasoning of choice (Montreal steak seasoning is good!). Fry for 6 minutes at 390 degrees, flip it and fry for 3 minutes more. So good!!!