hello

Options
I've been on n off here for a few years. I'm hoping to get more consistent this time. any suggestions for on the go snacks? I'm on my feet 12 hours a day and it's hard to get a lunch at work

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,627 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums, @missmariejsm!

Sounds like you may be better off with finger-food type snacks, rather than anything requiring utensils. Fruit is often a good choice, as are vegetables like red peppers or carrots. Protein shakes come in convenient ready-made versions which you just twist the top and drink, no blender required. I also used to really enjoy Special-K protein meal bars, which contain 12g protein, 5g fiber and are very much like a granola bar in both taste and texture.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Protein or meal replacement shakes
    Cut fruit
    Single serve packs of nuts

Can you be more specific about what makes eating a meal at work difficult?
    Are your breaks random or nonexistent?
    Is there no private place to have a quick meal?
    Is there no place to warm up a meal? Or a fridge?

More details would help with better suggestions.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,789 Member
    edited April 15
    Options
    Simple wraps cut into one or two bite pieces? Smoothie in an insulated cup? Individual sized yogurt or cottage cheese? Heck, some people even drink Ensure.

I often take cut vegetables in an empty cottage cheese container (easy to toss on scale and weigh as I add pieces and no harm done if I forget to bring it home) and a tiny container with a serving of low cal ranch. I can open and close them as needed when I’m doing my volunteer gig at a front desk. Hummus would provide protein.

Do you need something you can slip in a pocket? Jerky is high protein and lightweight.

If it’s just a snack, I’ve got dozens of suggestions. Protein bar. Take an old fashioned brown bag of air-popped popcorn and grab handfuls. Dried edamame is quite good and provides protein. Throw some drained seasoned chickepeas in the oven or air fryer. Likewise, protein.