anyone have trouble walking without being tired?

Options
I don't know where to put this post so ill put it here . I am so lethargic and force myself to walk. I get so tired and feel like I am carrying the world upon my shoulders I just wish to lose this weight already so that I can have energy and feel like walking all the time. Cause I LOVE walking I just don't love it being as big as I am :frown:
Does anyone eles feel the same? share a story about how you feel. thanks so much

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Its good that you are pushing yourself to get out and walk. I think it gets easier. It'll depend on your fitness level, but eventually it does get easier. When I first started I really had to push myself. Now I feel weird if I don't exercise- I think its because that is when I get all my frustrations out. I actually crave physical activity now. Keep pushing yourself, you will get there. Do you do your workouts in the morning or evening? Even though i am really sleepy in the morning, I feel like a morning workout really wakes me up and give me more energy during the day. Keep it up! Also keep your sleep schedule in check. Get good sleep, and make it at the same time each day. That helps, too. Best of luck to you!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I fight fatigue constantly due to my allergies, but since taking vitamins regularly and eating healthier it has gotten a lot better. When I first started exercising it was a constant struggle though, I would get tired very quickly. My only advice is to just keep at it, it will get better with time.

*My vitamins are the Vitacrave gummy vitamins for adults. These are the only ones I have been able to take regularly because I hate vitamins/pills.
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    I think we all feel a little of this at the beginning. The best way to start something is to just get up and go do it. If you have a lunch break, pick a spot 5 minutes away and walk there and back. Take a 20 min walk after dinner. Don't expect to do it all on the first day, but get started somewhere! You can do it, and the more small steps you take, the easier they will get, and the better you'll feel :)
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I, too have found that vitamins have helped tremendously with how I feel. I used to have days when I felt so tired and lethargic that I wasn't sure I'd make it through the day. I have also found that carbs make me feel like that too. If I eat a meal high in carbs, I will drag the rest of the day. Everyone is different but something to think about. Good luck and hang in there.
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    Yes, I started out feeling this way, too... vitamins helped a lot (I take One a Day Women's Active Mind & Body), and it got easier. I will also say that I took a couple weeks off (I was on vacation, and then just lazy for a week!!) but once I started back to it, it was fine... I even started the C25K program today (Couch to 5k... its a program that has you walk and jog at small intervals and increase by week) which I never thought I'd be able to do!

So, to answer your question, yes, I felt that way, too, but trust me, it does get easier!! Good Luck!!
  • KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    I have lost 13 lbs. and I have noticed I have more energy. I haven't walked much due to a knee problem but when I do I feel like I'm not as "heavy". I feel lighter! Believe me, I have a lot more to lose but anything is a start. Keep walking. It will get better.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    When I first started my walks, I was walking maybe twenty minutes at a time, less than a mile. I was almost 300 pounds, and though the walks energized me emotionally, they left me physically drained. I pushed thru it, and my walks got longer and longer, faster and faster and I got smaller and smaller, and still for the longest time I felt drained after the walks. Now I walk four miles every single day in under an hour, and I no longer feel tired at all after my walks. In fact, it seems that when I miss my morning walk (or exercise routine) is the only time I feel I'm dragging butt all day. It's definitely become a crucial part of my day to keep me energized. So just stick with it and I know you'll feel the difference soon. Good luck! =)
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Everyone above is right. You are doing the right thing just getting out there a little at a time. As long as you keep at it, it WILL get better. I started with walks of less than a mile at a time and slowly built it up to running half marathons. As long as you put forth the effort, you will start to notice changes. Good luck!
  • Purpleglowingsmurf
    Purpleglowingsmurf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pace yourself...take it at your own speed...i use my ipod and it helps me forget about the time and i kinda zone out..or at the gym you can watch tv? i sometimes take these green tea caplets that help give me a great burst of energy!! and not the shakey overdone evergy either.... lots of water helps!! just try and stay positive girlie!