errors when scanning foods

Options
hi everyone!

the last few days when I scan something to add to foods they come up as something similar but incorrect. eg tonight I scanned riviana popcorn and it came up as salted caramel deluxe popcorn or some such thing. Anyone else having this issue? the calories and nutrician panel, were incorrect also when I compared the two.

Replies

• lyoill
    Options
    I hear you with the OCD ....I didn't know that you could correct the scan and enter your own data. will have to have a look how to do it. Strange though that two weeks ago I scanned a product and it was correct but this week I scanned it and it came up as a different product.

cheers
    Yes. I have seen this happen to me tons of times.

2 examples:
    Just last week I scanned Vans Belgian Waffles for the first time and they kept coming up as eggos. It wouldn't scan properly so I just created an entry for it with the Product name and Nutritional values of the box.

This week I scanned Ben & Jerry's Ice cream. The calories didn't match but the macros did. So I created a new entry. My OCD won't allow me to just pick what was there.

Anytime you scan something you need to verify it off the product itself. Many times you will find entries that are not what you have in front of the you so make sure you keep an eye out for it. At first this may seem tedious and time consuming but the products you use will be saved in your recent used list and you will know it's always correct.