4 month body transformation

Options
Hi all, I am Marcos, from Spain (I live in Frankfurt, Germany).

This is my first post here. 4 months ago I started this journey. I started to log EVERYTHING I eat here. I started to exercise. I am a 173cm tall, 34 year old (35 on July 9th) male who had been too lazy and soft for too long.

On the 17th of December, 2023, I was at 89 kg, 30% body fat and only 45% muscle rate. On the 18th of July I started to log everything. I also got some fitness programm and started to train hard. I started to induce a caloric deficit and aimed at 2gr of protein per kg of body mass. I failed one and a million times. I started to treat calories as an imaginary currency, of which I had an allowance of normally 2000 per day (give or take). I started to play the game. I started to add some stuff in my workouts. I started to lose fat relatively fast. I kept adding more reps and sets. I started to go for a run once per week, then twice per week...

This morning I weighted 74.3, at 18.4% body fat, 77.6% muscle rate. For the first time in months my BMI is below 25. I feel great. I feel humbled and greatful. I think I needed to have a taste of how it feels to be overweight (been like that for about 3 years) and really believe that was my normal me, to then change the tides. The process has not been easy, but it certainly has been SIMPLE and FUN. Let me stress my only focus points:

-I dropped alcohol cause it adds too many calories too fast.
-I reduced sugar to historical minimums, but still I had a chocolate bar or an ice cream scoop now and then (not at all often)
-2gr of protein per kg
-caloric deficit of 300 to 500 cal. Ocassionally, there was days where I hit 1.5x to 2x what I was supposed to eat, but these were exceptions which were part of the game
-exercise with CONSISTENCY
-MOST IMPORTANT! I have enjoyed every single meal, there has not been one time where I ate something I do not like, and I have had about 20 to 30 pizzas in these 4 months. No joke, one week I had pizza for dinner 4 times. But overall I have stuck most days to my caloric deficit and protein intake

THE RESULT:

This is not the end product. The grind continues. My ultimate target is a long, healthy live. My body will change, my diet will change, my exercise routine will change. I will get injured. I will get sick. Eventually I will die. But one thing is for certain. I will never let myself down, ever again, I swear.

Apologies for the poor lighting and edition.

z2450ile7d29.png

Replies

• Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,440 Member
    edited April 17
    Options
    Hi all, I am Marcos, from Spain (I live in Frankfurt, Germany).

This is my first post here. 4 months ago I started this journey. I started to log EVERYTHING I eat here. I started to exercise. I am a 173cm tall, 34 year old (35 on July 9th) male who had been too lazy and soft for too long.

On the 17th of December, 2023, I was at 89 kg, 30% body fat and only 45% muscle rate. On the 18th of July I started to log everything. I also got some fitness programm and started to train hard. I started to induce a caloric deficit and aimed at 2gr of protein per kg of body mass. I failed one and a million times. I started to treat calories as an imaginary currency, of which I had an allowance of normally 2000 per day (give or take). I started to play the game. I started to add some stuff in my workouts. I started to lose fat relatively fast. I kept adding more reps and sets. I started to go for a run once per week, then twice per week...

This morning I weighted 74.3, at 18.4% body fat, 77.6% muscle rate. For the first time in months my BMI is below 25. I feel great. I feel humbled and greatful. I think I needed to have a taste of how it feels to be overweight (been like that for about 3 years) and really believe that was my normal me, to then change the tides. The process has not been easy, but it certainly has been SIMPLE and FUN. Let me stress my only focus points:

-I dropped alcohol cause it adds too many calories too fast.
    -I reduced sugar to historical minimums, but still I had a chocolate bar or an ice cream scoop now and then (not at all often)
    -2gr of protein per kg
    -caloric deficit of 300 to 500 cal. Ocassionally, there was days where I hit 1.5x to 2x what I was supposed to eat, but these were exceptions which were part of the game
    -exercise with CONSISTENCY
    -MOST IMPORTANT! I have enjoyed every single meal, there has not been one time where I ate something I do not like, and I have had about 20 to 30 pizzas in these 4 months. No joke, one week I had pizza for dinner 4 times. But overall I have stuck most days to my caloric deficit and protein intake

THE RESULT:

This is not the end product. The grind continues. My ultimate target is a long, healthy live. My body will change, my diet will change, my exercise routine will change. I will get injured. I will get sick. Eventually I will die. But one thing is for certain. I will never let myself down, ever again, I swear.

Apologies for the poor lighting and edition.

z2450ile7d29.png

What a great story of how you reached your goal! I love that you thought of your calorie goals like a money budget and then made it into a game. That’s what I did, too. If you make it an interesting challenge instead of a punishment you are forced to do, it makes it so much easier.

You’ve earned your success. Now make sure you stick to your budget so you don’t go back. Congrats!
  • driedgern
    driedgern Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 18
    Options
    Awesome job!! You're looking awesome!
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    love that you had pizza that often! Proves that you can eat whatever you want, its the caloric deficit that really matters.
  • EulalieOwona
    EulalieOwona Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is inspiring, thank you for sharing
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic & inspiring, congratulations on your transformation, feels great doesn't it!!
    Enjoy it! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!