You are doing it wrong

Options
chris_in_cal
chris_in_cal Posts: 2,184 Member
Does it seem that in these community threads there are people who regularly and consistently reply with the gist of their comments to the OP being "you are doing it wrong."

I believe each and every adult who has the wherewithal to create an MFP account, and then write a community post, understands there is in part a relationship between their weight and consuming food. How to be "Fitness Pal" here? I'm guessing some posters believe writing response from the POV of "you are doing it wrong" is their good faith effort to be pals. Probably not malicious. It does seem unhelpful though.

Replies

• Leo_King84
    Leo_King84 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You get that everywhere on the Internet though. Because people can do a 5 minute google and become an expert on any subject dontcha know.

I had something of that nature happen when I first posted about Carnivore diet helping me with bruxism. I got longassed post about how it's just placebo, clearly it was an underlying blood sugar level problem, yada, yada.

Thankfully a couple of more clued up users replied and pointed out the error of said posters post.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    What kind of vibe do you think you give off @chris_in_cal ?

• chris_in_cal
    Options
    What kind of vibe do you think you give off @chris_in_cal ?

Great question. My intention...that doesn't mean much. My honest self-reflection, that's a good hard place to start. The observation of other?

I can be obtuse and awkward, and I know that can be off-putting to readers.
    I can be angry and petty. I try and try and try, to be better at reacting when I feel this way. (or to not react at all)
    I appreciate connection and exchange and I am active in reaching out, and widely responsive to others who reach out to me.

That's how I see my MFP persona.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Have we ever interacted @SafariGalNYC? What vibe have you felt, and how much of what you felt was mostly likely rooted in me and what I wrote, or you and how you allowed yourself to react to something I wrote?
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Re op, yes.