corner of losing inches & intersection of tossing scale

Options
So I've gone LCHF for about 4 months now & I've lost a total of 23#'s in the first 2ish months, no weight changes in the last 6ish weeks.

I'm a 44 yr old 5' tall small framed woman and I think I've hit a point where my body has decided it likes *this* particular set amount of calories I've been taking in and this weight.

I'm assuming this because I haven't changed anything since I started losing & at a certain point (about 6-8 weeks ago) just maintained my weight within a 1-2# daily variation no matter how I've changed up my eating.

I'm no longer overweight at 137#'s but I'm still about 17#'s shy of my goal weight.

I've noticed that though the scale is constant, I'm losing millimeters :grumble: . I know this because my pants are getting a teensy bit looser, and I'm going down in bra band as well albeit a teeny bit. My body continues to shrink, although seemingly imperceptibly.

I continue to make gains in my weight training, currently DL about 80% of my BW and hopefully that will continue on it's trajectory :blushing:

I'd like to hear from others who have reached the point where they have rejected their scales in favor of clothes as a marker of success.

What made you decide not to use the scale anymore?

How did you decide/figure out it wasn't just a plateau?

Do you use the same pair of pants/unit of clothing?

Can you offer any tips for pitfalls to avoid?

Could I be wrong in my assumption & consider user error in my LCHF diet?
(there is no diary to look at, I stopped counting calories when I switched to LCHF 4 months ago, prior to beginning my loss and eat intuitively)

Thank you for any input :ohwell: I've never been at this stage in all my 15 yrs of trying to lose weight cause I never actually lost the weight. Prior to that, I had always been thin (around 115#) so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Me oh me.

I actually did it a long time ago. I turffed them about 10 years ago and haven't looked back. Doesn't mean I don't weigh myself I do at work on Mondays or at the doctors...that being said regardless of what it says it doesn't make or break my week.

I chose to not use them as a true measure because I know at my fittest I was 158lbs, hard as a rock and a size 7 and when I got to that weight again I was not a size 7 or hard ....

As well when I have to buy new smaller jeans every 2 months and it's only a 4lb difference that says a lot. The size 10 I bought at the end of may were replaced with 9 mid august.

Only pitfall with the measurig tape is making sure you measure in the same spot....and it's hard to use the same cloths as you will have to invest in new one's as the inches/mm fall off.

As for the calories count for a couple days to see where you are really at...that could shed some light on things.