Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Maintenance calories

Options
By reading your weight and body fat from Apple health, the app should be able to calculate your current maintenance calories and estimate calories intake to gain or loss weight according to the user objective. Example, your average weight has been 70 kg and you have eaten 2000 calories daily without gaining additional weight. In order to increase 1% monthly you have to eat 2200 daily calories
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,168 Member
    Options
    It already does that, just not in increments that small. You have a few choices in your profile about how much you want to gain or lose, and MFP gives you a calsorie estimate. If you sync a suitable tracker to MFP, it will adjust your daily calories based on how much the tracker believes you actually moved (calorie-wise) to keep that same weight loss/gain rate.

If you're asking for finer-grained control than currently . . . I guess that could be nice, but that's not what your post says?

Or are you saying MFP should adjust your calorie goal based on your weight loss track record at X average calorie intake?

I'm not clear what you're asking for. (I'm just a regular MFP longterm user, though, not MFP staff.)