Hello

Options
kckids80
kckids80 Posts: 1 Member
edited April 20 in Introduce Yourself
Good morning and happy Saturday! I have been using MFP seems like a long time, 12 years? I have never posted on the blog but thought I would say hi and introduce myself. I am a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner in NYS and have spent the last almost 30 years in Nursing Informatics which means I have a more sedentary job. I live in Delaware now and work for a health system as their CNIO. That's work not my whole life! I am married to the love of my life and together we do loads of fun activities which keep us in shape. I am down 100 pounds from my original weight when I joined here about 12 years ago. Don't get worried I lost most of that weight a long time ago, I am on the last 20 pounds of my journey which I always knew was the hardest. Aside from biking, hiking, show-shoeing and kayaking I have a hobby of cooking. There was a time I had to stay away from the kitchen but that didn't last. I had to find a way to eat that was healthy and sustains my new weight. I took classes in eCornell to learn healthy eating earning certificates there. I am now signed up for Rouxby culinary school to learn how to cook those plant based recipes. I'd be happy to share different parts of my journey here and absolutely not to boast because I know this is a struggle. If it would help I am happy to throw out to everyone how I thought about and planned the different parts of my weight loss journey. I want to point out here I did NOT have bariatric surgery. This is a journey and one I am really glad I took because I feel amazing. You can do this too, in your own way but you CAN DO IT! The key is to have support and not lose your faith in yourself.