Calorie Estimate/reassurance

Options
So I’m on a ski holiday with my dad and sister and I know I should be loving it but to be honest I’m finding the food really tough!

The portions all feel massive and the rule with the family is we clear our plates 😳 I know it’s only a few meals in literally hundreds but just wanted a rough estimate of my lunch - a huge portion of chips, chicken and mayo toastie, salad and coleslaw from Aspen coffee bar in Tignes - finished it all
zam8iagu1o56.jpeg

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited April 20
    Options
    pippamonk wrote: »
    So I’m on a ski holiday with my dad and sister and I know I should be loving it but to be honest I’m finding the food really tough!

The portions all feel massive and the rule with the family is we clear our plates 😳 I know it’s only a few meals in literally hundreds but just wanted a rough estimate of my lunch - a huge portion of chips, chicken and mayo toastie, salad and coleslaw from Aspen coffee bar in Tignes - finished it all
    zam8iagu1o56.jpeg

It's a sandwich and some chips... from your description I thought it would be some decadent, extreme, fat and calorie laden meal. It's... a sandwich. And some chips. Relax and enjoy yourself. Maybe around 600 calories? Maybe. Can't really tell without having been there. But that's a lunch I could have on a daily basis.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Don’t worry about it you need to learn to not stress over food when you’re on vacation.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 753 Member
    edited April 20
    Options
    Woah hold up. You were at Val d’Isere skiing 3 days ago, and now you’re in Tignes? 🤯 Enjoy yourself! 😊
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,270 Member
    Options
    Order a child's portion
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Ask the waitress to only give you a half portion of chips, or to serve the sandwich open-faced (no top slice of bread), or whatever it is you think you shouldn't be eating. Your family can't force you to clear your plate of food that's not on the plate. Although I will say that if you're actually skiing for several hours, that doesn't seem like a particularly heavy meal to keep you fueled.