Kinda stupid question....

Options
So if I calculate my coffee with let's say 2 tspns of sugar and 1 tbspn cream but say only finish half my coffee, should I calculate that as 1 tspn of sugar and 1/2 tbspn of cream??

I am thinking that even though I drank half, ALL the sugar is absorbed into the coffee?? I hope someone understands my thinking LOL

Stupid question probably but don't flame me please!! :embarassed:

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Realistically you are probably right that you would only have to count half but I personally would probably just count the whole rhing just to ensure I dont cheat.

Good luck
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I think it is fair to assume all of the sugar becomes aqueous (dissolves) in the coffee. The sugar then disperses throughout the coffee. In conclusion, yes I think you could put in half of each. (I have a chemistry minor, I'm sorry :smile:)
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Not stupid. I don't know whether it is scientific but I would count it as half. (although I can not envision leaving anything in my cup, I finish every lovely drop!)
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I would go with your first calculation and just divide it in half. This happens to me when I only drink half my tea, but what I do is just save the other half and then warm it up in the microwave later when I want tea again. But maybe that doesn't work so well for coffee, since it wouldn't be 'fresh' any more....:)
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It is a bit of a scientific question isn't it?? I tend to overanalyze things just a bit. But I think I will just count the whole thing, if it becomes a regular thing then maybe I will just pour out half the cup and add less cream and sugar??
    'Hmm...there's a thought!

Hroush, thanks for your answer.

And thanks everyone for not making me feel stupid for wondering about this question. :laugh:

Gosh I love this place!!!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I always have half-drank coffee cups or can't always finish my food at meals, but I just count the whole thing. It's just easier.