Where can I food group distribution?

Options
In terms of vegetable, fruit, oil, nut, legumes, cereal grains/pasta percentages?

Answers

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,270 Member
    Options
    Where did you come up with these six "food groups," and what exactly are you looking for?

What are your goals?

Nuts and oils have fats. Nuts also have protein. Grains have some protein and plenty of carbs. Fruits and vegetables have fiber and other nutrients.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    I can see narrowing down food groups. I'm someone who would probably do that if I wanted to know the percentage of nuts I'm eating vs the percentage of avocado fatwise. Or chicken vs steak. Or whatever.

I mean I used to eat m&ms by color (but never calculated the percentage of each color) so.... :)
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I used to eat m&ms by color (but never calculated the percentage of each color) so.... :)

Red ones on Monday. Yellow on Wednesday. Orange on Friday. Green on Saturday. Blue on Sunday. Tuesday and Friday are M&M rest days.....

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    I'm confused why you've posted this several times in different parts of the Community, including twice (I think) in this part. I believe I answered on one of your other threads already. Please don't cross-post. :flowerforyou:
  • glassyo
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I used to eat m&ms by color (but never calculated the percentage of each color) so.... :)

Red ones on Monday. Yellow on Wednesday. Orange on Friday. Green on Saturday. Blue on Sunday. Tuesday and Friday are M&M rest days.....

Blue were tossed because they tasted off. However many I ate, they were always divided by 2. Red and black together. Yellow and orange together. Green alone. And in that order because I always saved the best for last. :)

I miss m&ms. *sigh*
  • mtaratoot
    Options

Blue were tossed because they tasted off. However many I ate, they were always divided by 2. Red and black together. Yellow and orange together. Green alone. And in that order because I always saved the best for last. :)

I miss m&ms. *sigh*

Were they plain or peanut?

Plain has the candy coated food group and the chocolate food group. Peanut adds the legume food group.

I was on a Grand Canyon raft trip last year. One of the people who drove his vehicle (two days) to get there had M&Ms next to his seat. He allowed himself to eat one M&M every five miles. That's still a lot of them, but it helped keep him focused. That was a great trip. I hope to get another permit some time. He didn't care what color - just whatever came out of the bag.

• glassyo
    Options

I miss m&ms. *sigh*

Plain has the candy coated food group and the chocolate food group. Peanut adds the legume food group.

I was on a Grand Canyon raft trip last year. One of the people who drove his vehicle (two days) to get there had M&Ms next to his seat. He allowed himself to eat one M&M every five miles. That's still a lot of them, but it helped keep him focused. That was a great trip. I hope to get another permit some time. He didn't care what color - just whatever came out of the bag.

Oooooo I prefer plain but more protein in peanut!

And wow. Kudos to that guy. I do not have that kind of will power.
  • mtaratoot
    Options

I miss m&ms. *sigh*

Oooooo I prefer plain but more protein in peanut!

And wow. Kudos to that guy. I do not have that kind of will power.

Now that I think about it, he may have had Reese's Pieces in his door panel, not M&Ms.

Five miles goes by pretty quickly on the freeway. Over 1100 miles, that's 220 M&Ms. That's apparently how many there are in a 7-ounce bag. He also ate Cheetos. He said that long drive trips are the only time he ever eats those.

It was a very nice BRAND NEW truck. He took delivery before they were quite done putting in some of the fancy features. Very fancy. His budget is much greater than mine. It was a pleasure to ride in. It had to go back to the dealer to get the computer chip installed for the air conditioned seats when we got done with the trip. But then, alas, he didn't make it home. Something happened, and the truck would not start after we made a stop. Eventually at that point, his passenger got in the vehicle I was in at the time (we had an extra seat because we had to drop someone off at the Las Vegas airport to fly home due to a family emergency). He waited with his truck. He got a tow to the dealer. He was stuck in Reno for a couple days and eventually flew home while they fixed his truck, then flew back to pick it up.

I bet he ate more M&Ms...