Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Recipe Serving sizes/amounts and ability to make notes

Options
I really enjoy a lot of features about MyFitnessPal, but it would be so helpful if we could specify serving sizes when we create recipes. I hoped being on the computer compared to the mobile version would allow it but I didn't see where that was available on my computer either.

A spot to make notes about recipes would also be fantastic!
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    Because recipes list ingredients with various types of measurements (weight, volume, and so on) there is no way for the recipe editor to calculate how many servings of a particular size will result when the various items are combined.

If you're not sure how many servings a recipe will produce, enter a best-guess number when you first create the recipe.

After the recipe is prepared, you can manually measure the number of servings that have been produced. Then, the recipe can be edited and the correct number of servings can be entered.

I would also recommend then putting in the actual serving amount in the title of the recipe to then remember how much each serving weighs.
  • Super_tomato
    Super_tomato Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't think the recipe editor should calculate the servings, I would love to see it give us a choice on what the servings would be just like each food does (1 gram, 100 grams, 1 cup, 1 fl. oz., etc.) so we could enter that once we create our recipe but also change it when we enter it if needed. For example, if I make chili and create the recipe for it I then have to tell it how many servings it is, which I would typically go by cups and say 1 cup is a serving. However, it would be handy if I could also go by grams or ounces instead of just cups because I also weigh many of my items instead of measure. I hope that makes more sense.

I did put the serving in the title for the last thing I made, but like I mentioned above, it would be so nice to have the options to calculate whatever measurement for a serving we needed.