Accountability Partner

Options
Hi! I'm not new to MyFitnessPal, but this is my first post. I am looking for an accountability partner that has somewhat similar goals. First of all, I live in California, and would prefer someone in the same time zone, if possible. I am a 63 year old female, looking to lose 60-70lbs, while gaining muscle. I am doing this slowly and methodically. I am in it for the long haul. Hoping there is someone out there in the same situation who could benefit from having an accountability partner. Weekly contact to discuss goals, issues, etc is sufficient, but more frequent contact would be fine. My name is Nancy, and I am not sure if I have posted this in the right place, but if you are interested, please respond to this post, so we can become MyFitnessPal friends, then go from there.

Answers

• AnitaLambert
    AnitaLambert Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly what you want since I'm in Colorado. I'm 62, needing to lose about 35 lbs. I just started looking at these posts so don't know if people do on a regular basis. So holler if you want to help each other if no one local responds.... :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy! This might not be the best place to find someone local, as there are members from all over the world, but CA is a big place, so who knows.

If you don't find someone here, maybe try a local Facebook group. Here in MA there are a number of local Facebook groups for my age range.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    When I started out I thought I'd benefit from an "accountability partner" on myfitnesspal. Turns out it was not at all what helped me.

People come and go quickly on this site, weight loss isn't easy nor fast and the "friend" feature is pretty hit or miss as far as will-they-actually-be-one-who-sticks? I'd say it's 95% to 5% as to how many stay (with the 5% being the ones who stay, and even those 5% don't necessarily lose weight.)

You may benefit from one of the ongoing Challenges threads here, people tend to be more chatty and serious about sticking to it: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

Or in the Motivation and Support section, here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support

There are specific threads (for instance) for "over 50" etc.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,182 Member
    Options
    tnmmail wrote: »
    I am doing this slowly and methodically. I am in it for the long haul
    That's sounds like a very solid plan. Sticking with it, even when it isn't fun, is where the gold lies.