Do you have a cheat day or cheat meal every week?

Options
124»

Replies

• gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    What constitutes cheating for you?

You can eat all types of food you want as long as you keep within the cal deficit (as illustrated by the Twinkie experiment http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html). The thing is though I had a friend whose 'cheating' consisted of eating 6 pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream every couple of months, so clearly her diet didn't work in the long term. I personally go by my weekly average, because I have days with parties and meals out and then I have days when I am at home and exercise and am under my cals, and so far it seems to work.
  • wibblefps
    Options
    I've said it before, I'll say it again - it's not cheating if you log it. Eat it, log it and live your life.

Hear hear, I cheat regularly (I'm a binger), log it and I'm still 8kg down soo far.

Last night classic example. Woke up at 2am with a craving. Demolished two bowls of cereal, a packet of sliced chicken drowned in mustard, another packet of sliced roast beef drowned in horseradish. Then I looked in the mirror and thought, "Alright fat boy, you want to play it like that? Then that was breakfast in your diary". Consequently, I've had a protein shake, two clementines for lunch today and an appointment with a cross trainer this evening and hence I'll write the whole thing off.

For me it helps that I've set my calorie goal to ~1600/day (down from 3000) so that even when I go over, I'm usually under and I can still binge!
  • jessiepaul
    Options
    Sundays are my "cheat" days. However, I only cheat 1 meal that day. Don't go over board with it. Make sure you still stay within your calorie goals, but allow yourself a splurge and use your calorie allotment for something you've really been craving. I think at the end of the day its a trial and error thing for each person. What works for me may not work for you. Keep up the good work and no matter what just stick with it.