Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Suggestion for Android app re Scanner

Options
Love the fact that you can scan foods. Saves a lot of time. The problem is, unless I have missed something, you can only scan something into a particular meal, i.e. lunch or dinner. It would be much more convenient to scan everything as I unload groceries. In addition, and this is a problem with mobile and desktop, I frequently have the same foods for lunch and dinner, but whether you select from a list, enter manually, or scan, it is in one or the other, so I have to duplicate many things.
Thanks
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    dbvirago wrote: »
    Love the fact that you can scan foods. Saves a lot of time. The problem is, unless I have missed something, you can only scan something into a particular meal, i.e. lunch or dinner. It would be much more convenient to scan everything as I unload groceries. In addition, and this is a problem with mobile and desktop, I frequently have the same foods for lunch and dinner, but whether you select from a list, enter manually, or scan, it is in one or the other, so I have to duplicate many things.
    Thanks

If you enter manually, the bolded is already a feature in both web and phone/tablet MFP (at least in the Android version of the latter, and I'd bet Apple/iOS, too).

In the app, the relevant option is in Settings/Diary settings from the More menu, in Search Setting. Check "Show all foods in lists".

mijth3b4mxkg.png

On the web, it's an option in the drop-down on the page where you pick from recent/frequent:

ar38wz1evzf5.jpg

I have premium, but the scanning feature isn't useful for me logistically with how I cook/log, so I don't use it. Therefore, I don't know how these settings affect that, if at all.