After regaining all my weight (70Lbs) I am back!

Options
At the end of 2016, I started my health journey. I weighed 200 lbs, over weight for a 5'7" male - it was all in the gut and not muscle. I ended up getting under weight at about 130 lbs focusing mainly on cardio. Ran into some trouble with binge eating for a month or two because I wasn't eating enough calories for my activity level. I started eating more and started focusing on strength training. When 2020 hit I was 150 lbs but I was tone and fit.

Then the last 4 years happened - I just stopped exercising. My dad had a heart attack and needed a quadrupedal bypass surgery and needed a couple of valves repaired and I spent 4 months with him making sure he was alright. He lived a couple of states over from me and when I was on my return trip home, literally covid lock downs started happening.

Where I lived at the time, 6 months out of the year are cold winter weather. Its not a great excuse because I had a rower, treadmill, stationary bike, and weights. During covid we would take walks when it was nice, and I would do strength training with dumbells, and a little HIIT now and again to try to get back to a routine after taking care of my dad.

I ended up at about 175 lbs in April 2023 as recorded in MFP. Then I moved across country to the south in June. We spent about 4 months waiting for our home to be built living at a friends house. My wife and I would end up going out for dinner nearly every day until our house was built. On top of that, we now have a friend group who goes out usually twice a week. In the summer time there are pool parties nearly every weekend as well.

Literally, I weighed myself over the weekend: 202 Lbs.

Here I am, gong full circle: 200>130>150>175>202

I am back here to get my health in order, again. I am a little older now and hopefully a little wiser. I am posting this more as a vent and trying to hold myself accountable.

Replies

• rhymeswithspleen
    rhymeswithspleen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I’m here tackling a regain, too. It’s a lot more difficult in my 40s than it was in my 20s, but as you said, I’m wiser now. Setting small goals along the way and finding fun ways to get active again has helped.

Congrats on the new house!