What what’s everyone’s go to breakfast?

Options
Hello
I am struggling with quick go to breakfast. I just work a half day so I usually have breakfast at work on my 10 minute break.

Replies

• Cpowe4031
    Cpowe4031 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you have a chance to meal prep I think that would be beneficial for you in that time period.
    For example, my breakfast is a serving of Butterball Turkey Sausage and a piece of cheese. So, in the morning's I just grab the container and go! I hope this was helpful! Good Luck!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,930 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal bars.
    Egg cups
    Breakfast tacos
    Meal prep once a week.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I buy the Oats Overnight shake packets and make it with oat milk (tastes best to me) and an extra scoop of protein and have it on my way to work. I find it’s a good blend of the convenience of a shake, with enough chew to feel like it was a meal.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    My go-to quick breakfast is dark roast crunch peanut butter rolled up in an Ezekiel pita, plus a glass of nonfat kefir. That would be 358 calories, 23.3g protein. For me, it's quite filling.

I'd add coffee with quite a lot of hot skimmed milk, if I have time to make and enjoy it. That would add 58 calories, and 5.9g protein.

The pita are sold frozen. I slap a lump of peanut butter on the pita and microwave for about 45 seconds to soften the peanut butter (which I keep in the fridge) and thaw the pita, then smoosh the peanut butter around with the spoon and roll up the pita around it. (If I have time, I'd dampen the pita with a little water so it doesn't dry out in the zapping. ;) ).
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast when working in the office is overnight oats which are really quick to throw together the night before. When working at home I usually have eggs and veggies.

Other ideas are boiled eggs, yogurt or cottage cheese and fruit, cereal and milk. I have a friend who used to have a tortilla with peanut butter spread on it and would roll it around a banana. It doesn't necessarily have to be traditional breakfast food either, you could bring leftovers from dinner the night before.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    I keep single-serving packs of yogurt for breakfast, a little protein, a little help with digestion for the rest of the day.