Alone and needing support.

Options
I'm new'ish here. Never got involved in the community and sure hope it helps .. as I think some support would sure be nice. Tired of tears and feeling so alone. I'm 50+. After a life event about 10 years ago, I've put on a lot of weight. I feel very alone, no support, very negative partner .. it's hard. I've spent my life always thinking of everyone else .. it's hard to get out of that pattern and put yourself first. I know if I could just make this happen, lose some weight and feel healthy again .. it would be life changing for me.
I believe having some positive people in my life would help a lot. Thanks to all who may read this and send a positive thought my way or some helpful advice .. it is appreciated more than you could know.

Replies

• JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    @SinannCJ I understand where you're coming from. As an introvert with social anxiety, the message boards are bit intimidating for me.

I hadn't been on MFP for a bit and most of my of the people on my friends lists are no longer active. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • deepowers0207
    deepowers0207 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    SinannCJ, wow I felt like your post was me talking! From the negative life event (15 yrs for me) to the "no partner" in pursuit of betterment lifestyle or anything positive. I already feel like I have so so much to share with you that has been amazing for me so far but I don't know if there's a way to do a personal message or text. I'd love if maybe we can pick out 3 days a week that we both do a youtube fitness tape or go to the gym. Then communicate to make sure we're doing it, loving it and have someone to encourage us along the way! If u know a way we can share text info or anything, I'm in the Tampa, Florida area. Chat soon! ✌️ out- Dee
  • SinannCJ
    SinannCJ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    JennieMaeK
    Thank you so much! Yes, I'm on the introvert side, as well. I really appreciate that. It took me a bit to figure it out, but I've sent a 'friend' invite. You're such a kind person, appreciate this so much. I'd love to reach out and chat.

deepowers0207
    Wow, that is two big things in common .. and hard things to get through. You have the most positive energy, I can feel. I've sent you a 'friend' invite. Perhaps we could start with talking there. I'd love to hear your story and what things have worked for you. Thank you so very much for sharing.
  • ldyalura
    ldyalura Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI @SinannCJ , JennieMaeK, and Deepowers. I am Angela. I am 60 years young. My all-time high was 400lb. I am currently at 154 lbs with a goal of 135 lbs. My husband is emotionally supportive, but his health (and often mental state) keeps him from being the kind of help and accountability support I need. I have never embraced communities like this and am quite nervous, but I NEED friends who understand and will eagerly encourage me to succeed. I have a lot of stress in my life right now, and my lifetime enemy (food) is readily available to comfort me and keep me company, LOL. I do not know how this community works or if it can help me, but I am reaching out. I will gladly be here for you, though I might just need help figuring out how to make the connections so we can be friends on a more real-time basis. Hope this makes sense. Hope this works. Even more, I hope I can help you achieve your healthy goals!! HUGS.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I wish you all good luck ypu have the ability to change things its sometimes the motivation we need to push ourselves.
    Good luck.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
    Develop your personal method and stick to it. When you fall off the wagon, get back on.
    We'll all help you!
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    (hugs) it can be hard to reach out, so am glad you posted here, everyone who is struggling. The discussion forums here are full of conversations to read, and don't be shy to jump in and post your thoughts.

in case you are interested, there are all sorts of challenges and groups to join in the challenge forum.

One challenge is open right now until the 6th, the UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge)
    -- it is a daily check in and the focus is doing 3 activities each day 1) food tracking, 2) hitting calorie goal and 3) exercise. People are encouraged to post whether we hit the goals or not, and each day has a discussion topic. Not required but many people share thoughts about the topic and share support. It is an exceptionally supportive, non-judgemental group. The challenge starts fresh each month and here's a link if you want to join the May challenge...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146408-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2024